From the cowardice that shrinks from new truth; from the laziness that is content with half-truths; from the arrogance that thinks it knows all truth— oh God of Truth deliver us! — Unknown —
We Believe…The truths that you will read about on this website transcend any one faith tradition. In fact, if you truly believe them and live by them, the freedom they bring will be yours even if you profess no religious faith at all. If you are not a follower of Jesus Christ, and would like to know how to begin, we invite you to visit our Becoming a Christian page. However, everyone on the team here at MCAG is unapologetically Christian. We have created this web site because we serve a God of truth. And it is our hope and prayer that many will be changed by the truth of God contained in these pages. We do feel that it is important to make it clear what we do believe regarding core Christian doctrines. And so we offer our Statement of Faith.
GOD: With joy & confidence we proclaim that we believe in one God who has existed forever as a Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Father. God the Father is the creator of all things and people. He continues to provide for and care about this creation.
Son. God the Son became a Man in the person of Jesus Christ. This Jesus:
- was born of a virgin, Mary;
- lived a sinless life;
- suffered and died to pay the penalty for our sins, a penalty we could not pay;
- physically rose again;
- ascended into heaven;
- and will someday return.
Holy Spirit. God the Holy Spirit:
- works in human spirits to regenerate them and so bring them back to God through Jesus;
- brings believers in Jesus together in groups often called churches, congregations or fellowships for worship, prayer, study, service and encouragement;
- guides the faith and life of believers through God’s Word.